- Unilateral or bilateral underdevelopment of the external ear, middle ear, mandible, zygoma, maxilla, temporal bone, facial muscles, muscles of mastication, palatal muscles, tongue, and parotid gland.
- First branchial cleft sinus
- lowering the upper jaw to match the opposite side and lengthening the lower jaw. Sometimes a bone graft is used to lengthen the jaw and sometimes a distraction device is used.
- Ear reconstruction at about 5-6 years of age, involves 3 to 4 surgeries.
- Occasionally, it may be necessary to add bone to build up the cheekbone.
- Some children benefit from the addition of soft tissues to further balance the face.
Microtia (September 14, 2007)
Constricted Ear Deformity (September 15, 2007)