Saturday, December 11, 2010

Arkansas Women Bloggers Meetup


Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

The first ever Arkansas Women Bloggers Meetup Scheduled! (photo credit) was held today at the Museum of Discovery. 
I attended it with Methodical Madness, @gastromom (we’ll get her to actually blog and not just tweet someday), and @ksboulden.  
I met several of the approximately 40 attendees.  Lunch was provided by Petite Jean Meats.  Elaine provided cupcakes for dessert.  Elaine blogs at Cupcake Crazy Arkansas.
Two of the attendees gave short presentations.  La Tonya (40 Tude) gave one on finding your voice.  Kyran (Planting Dandelions) talked about how to measure your blog’s influence in more ways than just numbers (or stats from your sitemeter).
There were door prizes!  I won (or rather my dog Rusty did) this one, homemade dog bonz from Mac the Labradoodle.  Mac, Rusty definitely approves!
 
Others I met include Nikki (NikkMo PaperCrafts), Christie (Fancy Pants Foodie),Desmond (Arkansas Research), and Kat (Tie Dye Travels).
It was a good meetup!  I made sure Christie (Fancy Pants Foodie) and @gastromom met. 

7 comments:

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Rusty looks a little wary of the treats. Or maybe the camera? Cute picture!

rlbates said...

Definitely not the treats! He loves them.

The Museum of Discovery said...

Thank you so much for attending! I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to the next meetup. Your pup is adorable!

Fawn said...

So glad to meet you in person, even if we didn't get to visit much (next time!). I love to tell people about the surgeon who bloggs about sewing.

Hillcrest Cottage said...

Glad you won Mac's bonz. I know your puppy loved them!!!

SeaSpray said...

What a BEAUTIFUL dog! Rusty must be an amazing companion. And I love the pic of him here. :)

You were the first person I ever heard mention a dog being a leaner.

Our new dog Faith is one and I love it! It's like always being hugged. So sweet. :)

It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'd be curious to know about measuring a blogs's influence.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made sure @Gastromom and I met! We could probably sit and talk for hours about all kinds of wonderfully egghead topics. She even planted the idea of a road trip to visit a wheat research facility (museum? Something...) in Kansas.

I'm also glad I met YOU and read your blog! So many fascinating people out there I would never have met if not for the internetz!