Friday, December 3, 2010

Winking Santa

I recently finished this miniature Christmas quilt.  The Santa comes from a Christmas card from years past which I saved with the intention to someday use it in quilting.  The Santa is machine appliqued using mostly cotton fabrics, but I did use scraps of white ultra suede for the hat trim and black ultra suede for the eyelashes. 
I added glitter glue to the hat trim for a little “flash.”  The white on white fabric used for the bread helped keep it from looking too flat. 
The quilt is machine quilted.  It measures 11 in X 13.5 in.  I sewed a sleeve on the back for hanging.    

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is cute!

Judy B

mary b said...

How clever! The white on white fabric really does add quite a bit of texture to the beard. Your work is so imaginative.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've saved a few cards to use as inspiration too...but you actually did it! Mine just linger in a drawer....blessings, marlene

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Love this! I can't wait to show the pic to Cecelia and Jack.

Kids love your Christmas card, by the way! You beat everyone else out by a mile - I haven't even done mine yet.

Annelisa said...

Wonderful quilt...would be perfect for a child (or an adult, for that matter :-) )

Came looking for your Peaceglobe...found the Blogblast for Peace Banner shyly hiding in the sidebar *grin*

Wishing you and yours peace, harmony and happiness x

Maryjonono said...

It's simple and sweet, packs a punch! I gave it a heart on Etsy. ;-)