Friday, December 26, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
These headbands are for a niece. She doesn't like hats much but maybe these will keep her ears warm while she looks like the princess she is. The pattern is Beads and Bows by Christine Marie Chen.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Friday, December 5, 2014
Friday, November 28, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
I had trouble naming this quilt. It is made using leftover blocks and fabrics. The overall effect for me is cheerfulness. Hence, the name. The quilt is machine pieced and quilted. It measures 56 in square. I have plans to give this to a young child. The back fabric is the same as the border fabric.
These next few photos just show the difference fabrics/blocks.
I love the polka dot stashes.
Friday, November 14, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
Friday, October 31, 2014
This small quilt is 8.5 in X 9.5 in. The design is drawn/colored using the techniques I learned at the Drapplique workshop given by instructor Pam Holland I attended this summer. The quilt was then machine quilted.
Here is a detail photo showing the eyeball. You can see the metallic thread used around the martini glass to add a bit of sparkle.
Here is a view of the back. I used the folded triangle method to facilitate hanging the quilt.
Friday, September 26, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
I made this quilt using fabric I bought at an estate sale more than 10 years ago. The pattern is blooming nine-patch which I've used before to make a few quilts. I enjoy the way the colors shift with this pattern. The quilt is machine pieced and quilted. It measures 58.5 in x 67.5 in.
Other quilts using this pattern:
Friday, September 12, 2014
Friday, September 5, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014
The anti-skid treatment is done.
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
The black one uses Berroco Ultra® Alpaca Chunky
Friday, August 29, 2014
Here are more fabric postcards done this summer. This first one features an "orphan" rushed rose which didn't make it into a quilt. It measures 5 in x 7 in. I mailed it to my roommate from college.
This one might have been improved using the shading techniques learned at the Drapplique workshop, but it works well as a redwork piece. It measures 5 in x 7.5 in. I mailed it to a longtime friend for her birthday.
This one definitely could have been better using the techniques from the Drapplique workshop. I may have to try another version of it. It measure 7.5 in x 6 in. I may mail it to someone as a Halloween card.