Friday, July 2, 2010

Blue Hawaii Wall Hanging

This is my submission to the ALQS4. It is an Hawaiian appliqué done using the raw edge technique. I machine appliqued and quilted it. It is 20 in square.
The blue indigo was a bandana I found at Hobby Lobby years ago with the intention of making several of the blocks in the book “Hawaiian Quilting” by Elizabeth Root. I used the Angel’s Trumpet block for this wall hanging.
Here is a view of the center.
Here is a view of the back before I sewed on the 4 in sleeve for hanging.

Here are the posts of the quilts made and received from the first three ALQS.
Made:
1st: Laced Ribbons Quilt (went to Pennsylvania, May 2008)
2nd: Flower Basket Quilt (went to Indiana, September 2008)
3rd: Fractures I (went to Australia, June 2009)
Received
1st: I Received My Quilt (from Denver, June 2008)
2nd: It's Arrived! (from Italy, November 23, 2008)
3rd: Geverfde Quilt (from the Netherlands, August 23, 2009)

3 comments:

Maryjonono said...

Gorgeous! It must be hard to let it go!

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I really like this one.

rlbates said...

Thanks, Mary, and knowing I'll get an equally nice one makes it easier to give up.

Thanks, Gizabeth.