Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7 Links for Bloggers Challenge

Updated 3/2017 -- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. 

I can’t say I was prompted by a recent post on Problogger to do their challenge.  Truth is I found the challenge due to posts from T,  Notes of an Anesthesioboist, and Mike Cadogan, Life in the Fast Lane, who both took up the challenge.    Read their posts here and here.
After reading their posts, I thought it would be fun to try and complete the 7 links for Bloggers challenge!   And as Mike said, “I am hoping that more medical bloggers will take up this challenge.”

Your first post – my first post was back on May 16, 2007 -- First Cut (I mean draft).

A post you enjoyed writing the most –   Recently, the one I have enjoyed doing the most was the tongue in check one “Adding to My Vocabulary”  but I find this hard to answer.  I have enjoyed doing many of the series (facial fractures, tendon transfers, etc).

A post which had a great discussion –  I’m not sure many of posts have ever created much discussion, but the one with the most comments is my post glomus tumor from October 2007.  It continues to get comments almost as if the comment section has become a forum.

A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written –  My writing tends to be “text-bookish.”   I wish I could write like our storytelling surgeon Bongi or like T or like Sid did when he wrote Surgeon’s Blog or Dr Bruce Campbell. 
For the contrast between my writing and other medical writers just see the comparison I did here.
An example of one such post would be Bongi’s recent post“Silence“ or Bruce’s post “The Odor.”

A post with a title that you are proud of – I liked the title, Tailoring, as it for me brought in my sewing skills with my surgical skills.

A post that you wish more people had read – All of them (smiling here), but perhaps my post Tips for Surgery Patients from March 2008.

Your most visited post ever – According to Google Analytics, my most visited post is the one I did on Inverted Nipples back in November 2007.

1 comment:

Mike Cadogan said...

Fantastic
I thought this was such a great challenge, it really makes you stop and think...and although I found it a bit confronting at first - it is worth it in the end as you remember some of the great posts
Thanks for taking up the challenge and providing greater insight into your blog.
Mike