Friday, July 30, 2010

Ashley's Scottie Dogs Quilt

This small wall hanging was made in 1995 for my sister-in-law Ashley who has Scotties.  I used an appliqué pattern from a magazine (have forgotten which one).  Each dog is from a different black fabric which is fused to the white background and then machine zigzag stitched in place.  
The quilt is machine pieced and quilted.  I outline quilted each Scottie, then stitched along the sashing.   It measures 21.5 in X 27.5 in. 



Here are some sources for Scottie Dog quilt patterns:
Patterns From the Mid 1900s for Doll & Baby Scottie Dog Quilts
Patchwork Scottie Dog by Denyse Schmidt (pdf file)
Scottie Dog

1 comment:

Jabulani said...

Oh this is fabulous! I have a thing about Scottie dogs. Mom gave me a 3-hook wall hanger with Scotties on. The children use it for their school coats and bags.