Friday, January 1, 2010

School House Quilt

A few weeks ago I showed you my Baltimore Album quilt.  This one was made from a left over block.  The block was missing a little on one side so had to be cut down to be symmetrical.  I decided to use it in a medallion style quilt.  The quilt is machine pieced and quilted.  It is 39 inches square.  It is now hanging in my living room.
The center is quilted with cross-hatches. 
You can see some of the feathers in the yellow border in this photo.  The outer border is done in cables.
Here is part of the back to show the quilting.


Happy New Year to you all!
I hope it will be a blessed one.

6 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

I can only believe that your passion for quilting makes you even a better doctor! We all need some form of that in our life. Nice pics and post. A Happy and Blessed New Year to you and yours.

Jim

StitchinByTheLake said...

Leftover block? The horse block was leftover? If it was leftover I want to go through your scraps! Beautiful....love the colors. blessings, marlene

rlbates said...

Marlene, it was an incomplete block which I had to "resize" so it would be centered. I love this block, too.

jude said...

beautiful quilt... and happy new year to you too!

SeaSpray said...

So beautiful!

Do you wake up in the middle of the night with ideas? i have two very creative friends who do just that. :)

Happy and Blessed New Year to you too Ramona. :)

Gizabeth Shyder said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Ramona!