Friday, November 18, 2011

Scrappy Houses Baby Quilt

This baby quilt is another one using scrapes.  I tried to make it appear as if there were two houses with trees.  The quilt is 35 in X 37.5 in.  It is machine pieced and quilted. 

There are many interesting thing to find:  a peasant, a squirrel, a butterfly, carolers.
Here you can see a wise man on a camel, a football player, bees, skiers, a zebra.
Here you can find a hippo, a dog on a motorcycle, a robot.
The back is pieced using leftover Winnie the Pooh fabric and white muslin.

4 comments:

SeaSpray said...

Wow - LOVE it! This one looks like it was especially fun to create. I'd be playing with it as well as cuddling with it...asking the wee ones what they can find.

I think I told you I did that with a quilt an aunt made for my first baby shower that had numbers and letters sewn on on one side. Son's loved finding them or telling me what they were. :)

Beautiful Ramona. :)

rlbates said...

Thanks, Seaspray

Jabulani said...

Just showed this to my gfriend from Dubai. Her jaw dropped and she said "Wow. Just wow!". I find myself agreeing with her ;)

rlbates said...

Jabulani, you are too kind. Thanks