Monday, November 7, 2011

Saddened

Updated 3/2017 -- all links removed (except to my own posts) as many no longer active.


This past Friday a twitter/blog friend @jabulani9 notified me that another of our twitter/blog friends @trilisakay had died the day before. 
I first began following Lisa when she blogged at The Tale of My Left Foot and more recently at Call Me Dr. Lisa.  She began the second blog as she put it (August 2009):
I have decided that The Tale of My Left Foot is done. 34 monthes ago, I had my first surgery on my ankle and 1 month later learned I had cancer. I have documented my journey, my triumphs, my failures, my fears and last weekend I completed a triathlon. So, now the "Tale" feels done. Thanks for travelling this road with me.
In January of this year she underwent a major surgery with reconstruction (a gracilis flap) when her cancer returned.  I answered some questions for her regarding the flap, etc.  I tried to encourage her as she recovered and began training again for another triathlon.  Truth is, she was encouraging to me as she remained more upbeat than not and pushed forward.  I would have loved to have known her in real life.
Her last blog post was October 26 and remains upbeat:  Taking my Training to the Pool
……I remain as committed as ever to complete my first half marathon just short of the one year anniversary of my surgery. I continue to feel incredibly fortunate to be on this journey with some of the most amazing and inspirational people I’ve ever met. I appreciate everyone’s support more than you know.
If you are so inclined you can still donate in her name to her TEAM.

4 comments:

Jabulani said...

I still find it difficult to believe that she is gone, but her Facebook page confirms it with every post written by those mourning her passing. She truly was an inspiration to anyone who has had a serious illness and recovered. May she rest in peace, free from the pain which dominated her life latterly.

Chrysalis said...

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your friend. Horrible disease.

ER's Mom said...

So sorry Ramona

SeaSpray said...

I am sorry about your friend too. She sounds like she was an amazing and inspirational woman.