Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grateful

Updated 3/2017 -- all links removed (except to my own posts) as many no longer active.

My new job requires that I review medical records of individuals who have filed for disability benefits. I am learning to think of these individuals as "claimants" rather than "patients." AND while some are never going to be allowed (nail bed injury), others break your heart and give you pause. So this Thanksgiving season finds me:
1. Grateful for my job
2. Grateful for my health which allows me to work
3. Grateful for the ability to learn
4. Grateful for family (those here and those represented by the empty chair at the table)
5. Grateful for my friends, all of you (meet in real life and meet only on-line, so far)

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

I'm grateful for having had you in my life for the last several years and the encouragement that you've provided. :)

SeaSpray said...

I am glad everything is working well for you in your new job.

Gratitude is so important and you've inspired me to try to write a gratitude post before Thanksgiving ..if possible or on the weekend.

I appreciate your friendship and the kindness you've extended my way. Thank you. :)

I also appreciated your link and I may e-mail it to my friend's adult children since this will be their first sit down Holiday without their Mom. I also bookmarked the page. Thanks for the link.

Also ...Happy Thanksgiving Ramona. I hope you and your family will have a splendid holiday. :)

Chrysalis said...

Don't let other's opinions jade you in this new position you find yourself in. Keep your eyes open, your ears open and your spidey sense attuned. Not everyone is out for a "free ride," which seems to be a popular belief. Most are truly in need of help, and are suffering. It's the few that have jaded so many, and it is a disservice to those that need the help.

Hope you had an enjoyable holiday. It's hard to believe Christmas 2011 is just around the corner.