Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Hope You Will Vote

 Updated 3/2017 -- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

My husband and I are going to vote today. We plan to take advantage of the “early voting”. I find it much easier than trying to get out and vote on the first Tuesday of November. It is less crowded and I don’t have to worry about going to the “correct” location. You are allowed to go to any of the available locations in your county during the “early voting” period.
I will not tell you who to vote for, nor will I tell you whom I plan to vote for. I would like to encourage you to VOTE.
If you live in Arkansas and wish to vote early:
To check for a polling site in your area, visit the Secretary of State's website (click here) to contact your county clerk.
If you live in Pulaski County, Arkansas, then here are the locations and hours:
Pulaski County Regional Building 501 W. Markham Street, Little Rock
Mon-Fri Oct. 20-24
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. Oct. 25
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mon-Fri Oct. 27-31
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. Nov. 1
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mon. Nov. 3 Last day
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Other Early Voting Locations:
Early voting will be available at the following locations on the dates and times indicated:
Sue Cowan Williams Library
1800 S. Chester, Little Rock
Dee Brown Library
6325 Baseline Road, Little Rock
Roosevelt Thompson Library
38 Rahling Circle, Little Rock
William F. Laman Library
2801 Orange Street , North Little Rock
Jacksonville City Hall
#1 Industrial Drive, Jacksonville
Jess Odom Community Center
1100 Edgewood Drive, Maumelle
Jack Evans Senior Citizen Ctr
2301 Thornhill Dr, Sherwood
McMath Branch Library
2100 John Barrow Road, Little Rock
Mon-Fri Oct. 20-24
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. Oct. 25
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mon-Fri Oct. 27-31
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. Nov. 1 Last day :
10:00 am - 4:00 pm

3 comments:

Vijay said...

A person's vote is the strongest symbol that s/he lives in a democracy. It's criminal to not vote.
So good of you to remind people to vote, Ramona.
I know you'll exercise your franchise wisely :)

PS. I really like the embedded comment box that Blogger introduced recently. You're one of the early adopters. Learning from your more geeky friends :)

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

As I always say -

"Vote early. And often"

Seriously, we looked into trying to vote early her in NY< but we don;t have it yet :(

Anonymous said...

To be a part of history in the making.. The Power of One.
I will see you at the polls!