Friday, October 10, 2008

Crazy Quilt for "A"

In an attempt to use up more of more scraps, I completely another crazy quilt. I sent it to a friend for his daughter, "A". The quilt is 40.5 in X 50 in.
Here is a detail photo of some of the fabrics. There are bears, a parrot, carolers, a car, flowers, strips, a bow, checks, and more to be found.
Here you can find bugs, hippos, a peacock feather, a snail, road signs, many colors (red, green, yellow, blue, purple), and more.

For the back, I used the remaining Holly Hobbie fabric and some blue check.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Do you hang your quilts and take pics of them upright? Believe it or not, my rush to get the photos taken had me struggling with doing this, and I didn't want to push pins in it. I managed, though. :)

Thanks again!

rlbates said...

Enrico, it's okay to stick pins in the quilt and temporarily hang it that way for pictures. Not good for long term hanging. Those quilts need a "sleeve" on the back if you want to hang them long-term

Robin said...

It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oo..I Love this one! It makes me want to become a kid once again just so you'd send me this. The colors and the animals are amazing, but what I really love is the 'crazy' composition.

(Would I have to be Enrico's kid? :D Oh, well, I'm sure he's a super-fun dad.)