I began this quilt in the fall of 2008. I actually finished piecing it nearly a year ago, but until a few months ago had not decided how I wanted to quilt it. I found two quilting stencils that worked wonderfully.
The fabric for this quilt was purchased in the 1990s. It is from a collection of 33 different fabrics called “Victorian Wheeling” which was designed by Jennifer Simpson. I bought a set that included a fat quarter of each fabric. The fabric was then put away until I decided how I wanted to use it: the spool block. It combines my sewing (the spool of thread) and does a nice job of showing off the fabrics.
The quilt is machine pieced and quilted. Each block is 6 in square, but the finished quilt measures 41.5 in due to some slight shrinkage with the quilting.