Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing Puppies Baby Quilt

This baby quilt is really a “remake” of a quilt top I bought at Hobby Lobby last year. I bought three of the panels at the time and made one for my niece’s baby. I didn’t alter that panel, just quilted it. You can see it here.
This time, I cut the puppies free from the background fabrics, replaced the background fabrics with “new” fabric, and then sewed the puppies back on after I did the quilting. The quilt is machine pieced and quilted. It is 42 in X 46 in. I have sent it to a blog friend for her grandbaby.

Here is a detail shot of a very soft little puppy with a bone.

Here is a detail shot of the lower puppy. It show the butterflies in the fabric and the fish.

5 comments:

Jabulani said...

How beautiful is this quilt? I showed it to my children and Pippa's response was "Dr Ramona is very clever. How cute is that!"
Well, I couldn't have put it better myself, actually...

Bo... said...

I adore it!

SeaSpray said...

I love it Ramona. For as beautiful as the quilt is in the pictures... In person so much more beautiful and adorable.

My d-i-l will absolutely notice the softness as she is always commenting on the softness of the yarns she chooses for knitting. It is going to be the best present of all at the shower.

It also means a lot to me that you did this. I can never adequately repay you for your sweet generosity... in thought and labor with your hands and sacrificed time.

You gave me a gift that I will always remember along with the beautiful baby quilt. You gave me a warm smile in my spirit because of your thoughtfulness. :)

If alright with you...i will post about it and use your pictures but link to this post after the baby shower.

Tonight is very sad for me... and yet... seeing your post and the quilt brought a smile to my spirit.

Thank you Ramona.

Chrysalis said...

That is adorable!! You knew I'd love that one. ;)

rlbates said...

Thank you all. SeaSpray, I'm sorry you are sad today, but you are welcome to post about the quilt and use the pictures.