Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shout Outs

 Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

Leslie, Getting Closer to Myself,  is this week's host of Grand Rounds.  It is “the way life used to be” edition.  Read it here.   
As I suggested in the call for submissions, the theme for this week’s Grand Rounds was loosely reflections on the way life used to be. For me, this theme was prompted by the fact that I have been a patient blogger for almost a year now, was diagnosed with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis almost a year ago to the day, and am finishing my second year of graduate school in a few weeks.
When I think about the way life used to be, I automatically think about change, and the myriad ways in which my life has changed over the past few years. Based on all of the submissions I received, this theme seemed to strike a chord.
Here is what medical bloggers (you!) had to say… Happy reading!

The latest edition of Change of Shift (Vol 3, No 20)  is hosted by none other than Kim, Emergiblog!    I hope you will check it out.  You can find the schedule and the COS archives at Emergiblog. 
Wow, it’s hard to believe it’s already been two weeks since the last edition of Change of Shift!
We not only had an increase in submissions, but we have some brand new bloggers to meet this week!
Of course, the big news is the upcoming MedBlogger MeetUp in Las Vegas in October, under the auspices of BlogWorld/New Media Expo.  I’m excited, so expect to see a lot of enthusiasm emanating from this space!
Interested in hosting a future Change of Shift? Just check the schedule and let me know what date you would like!

Dr Bruce Campbell, Reflections in a Head Mirror, is back from a blogging hiatus.  Check out this recent post, “The Choices We Make.”
"They want to operate on your grandmother."
Dad was shook.  I shuddered. This was one of those dreaded moments when my family looked to me for medical advice.

H/T to Johann, an agility dog, April is National Pet First Aid Awareness Month.  The post includes some good advice as well as links to some great resources.
This month is National Pet First Aid Awareness Month!
And we encourage every pup owner to learn what to do in an emergency!


A request for quilt blocks for the Quilts of Valor.   You can find the pattern and information for mailing the finished block(s) here (photo credit).
Thank you for participating in this Quilts of Valor Project.  We are attempting to help comfort all the war wounded from the War on Terror.  Your Autographed Star Block will be joined with other blocks that are sent to us to make a Quilt of Valor for a wounded serviceperson

As the season of Lent comes to an end with Easter Sunday, check out this post by KeaGirl (UroStream) called “Redemption.”
……………And then just yesterday, I had a patient come into the ER with testicular torsion. He was one of the rare patients who presented in enough time for me to swiftly whisk him to the OR and save his testicle! (there is a window of 6 to 8 hours before the testis undergoes permanent damage for lack of blood flow and oxygen, at which point I have to do an orchiectomy). I felt some degree of redemption, and all was right in the world again....

In anticipation of  Easter Sunday, I’d like to plug the sunrise service I will be attending with my husband.  Each year we attend the Annual Community Easter Service held at the Riverfront Park.  It is always a nice service even if not always nice weather.  This link has some photos of past services and more information (photo credit). 





This week Dr Anonymous’ guest will be Kim,  Emergiblog, promoting the Medblogger Meet-up at BWE/NME.    The show begins at  9 pm EST. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

My Name is Belinda. I think your web site gives great news on current healthcare market. As i am also into healthcare research. Its a good site with lots of information. Keep the good work on.

I will definitely bookmark your web site for my research work. You may also kindly visit my web site blog related to healthcare industry that is The HealthCare News and i would appreciate if you could kindly have a look at my blog too. Its updated on a daily basis

Thanks & Regards,
Belinda

Jeffrey said...

have a blessed Easter! He Arose!