Friday, April 10, 2009

Double Irish Chain QOV

 Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

This is my latest QOV top contribution. I was inspired by the baby quilt I made using the double Irish Chain pattern. I decided it would be a good way to use up some of the “extra” 2.5 in blocks I had laying around. The quilt top is 50 in X 70 in. It has been mailed to a long-arm quilter who will do the quilting and then mail it to the recipient. I like the way it turned out.

Here is a detailed photo to show some of the fabrics used.


4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love this pattern - I'm determined to make it using red and white fabrics and putting redwork in the large spaces. I saw one once and it was stunning. I haven't tried to look at how it's put together though - is it strip pieced? I love this scrappy look and I know your friend will too. blessings, marlene

rlbates said...

Marlene, it is easy to strip piece the "blocks" and then put them all together. Two different blocks. Look forward to seeing your red and white version. I bet that is lovely!

Celeste said...

Awesome! I love a mix of white-on-whites for a background. I just love WOW fabrics for piecing in general, though I don't like handquilting them.

Jabulani said...

Once again, fabulous!