Saturday, March 15, 2008

JoAnna's Baby's Quilt

My niece is having a baby in May. This will be her first. I ran across this panel at Hobby Lobby. The fabrics are so very soft -- velvet (blue sky), chenell (white), flannels (blue strip, green plaid, yellow), and fake furs (the dogs). So very soft. So I bought a couple of the panels and quilted this one for her.

Here is a detail view. The quilt measures 34 in X 45 in. Did I mention how soft it is? Especially the puppies!

The back is a white flannel. I embroidered the quilt "name tag" on the back of the spotted puppy's collar region.

6 comments:

Chrysalis said...

I love that! How adorable! You make the greatest things.

rlbates said...

Thank you CA. You are so kind.

jmb said...

Sometimes these tops are so attractive and if you embellish them a bit they are just as nice as piecing something.

jmb said...

I forgot to say how lovely it looks, after all that!

rlbates said...

Thank you JMB. I agree.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.