- Fractured limbs were found in 208 children--most commonly involving the legs.
- Head injuries --85 skull fractures, 66 cases of bleeding in the brain, and 59 brain injuries.
- Lung injuries were found in 36 children.
- Abdominal injuries were found in 70 children. These included injuries to the spleen, liver, kidneys, or pancreas.
- There were 12 amputations--including 9 partial foot amputation, one upper-limb amputation, and one below-the knee leg amputation.
- There were 2 eye socket injuries that were so bad the eyes had to be removed.
Other sources for information on topic
ATV Safety--National AG Safety Database
ATV Safety Crisis--Consumer Federation
ATV Safety Tips -- Midwest Trail Riders Assoc
All terrain vehicles guidelines aimed at saving lives -- Land Transportation NZ