Thursday, December 6, 2007

Preparing for Christmas

#1 Dino over at Musings of a Dinosaur has been showing off his beautiful Menorahs! So I thought I would show you a few of my Christmas quilts. This one is called "Preparing for Christmas". The log cabin pattern has the colors arranged to form the tree. I left the tree undecorated on purpose. I had Peg (of Peg's Quality Quilting in Iowa) quilt the wall hanging, 47" X 57", by "writing" in gold metalic thread the Christmas story from the Bible (Luke Chapter 2).
In these "detail" shots you can see the "writing".



5 comments:

jmb said...

This is absolutely beautiful R, you are so talented with your quilting (and your surgery too, I'm sure LOL). I think this is a great idea and I am enjoying Dino's posts too.
How many do you have to show us?

Dr. Smak said...

How fabulous! I love how the center red square of the log cabins turn into tree decorations. Festive, warm, beautiful...

Chrysalis said...

I love your quilts Ramona! They are gorgeous. You are talented. The name of your blog aptly suits you.:)

rlbates said...

JMB, I only have three Christmas tree quilts. I gave away a Christmas wreath wall hanging quilt about 7 years ago. I do have some quilted stockings I can show too.

CA & JMb --thanks for the compliments.

rlbates said...

Thanks, Dr Smak. Somehow your comment didn't get sent to me until today. Thank you.