Saturday, December 22, 2007

Spiced Nuts Trail Mix

Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.


I love spiced nuts and usually make some every Christmas season. Spiced nuts make easy gifts for the delivery guys (Fed Ex, UPS, US Postal person) at the office, not to mention I have several family members who like them. This year I did them a little different. After spicing the nuts, I added some Chex Mix (chocolate peanut butter), and dried cranberries. It's really good and so easy! Here's the recipe:

Spiced Coated Nuts
3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp black pepper
1.5 tsp ground red pepper (I left this out)
1 can (34 oz) Mixed Nuts

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with wire whisk until foamy. Add sugar and seasonings; beat until well blended. Add nuts; stir until evenly coated.

SPREAD into two lightly greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan (half on each).

BAKE 20 min., stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature or use in the below recipe.

Now this is where I started added things:

Spiced Nuts Trail Mix

1 cooled pan of spiced nuts
1 cup dried cranberries
1 12 oz pkg of Choc- Peanut Butter Chex Mix
1 cup of Sam's Choice Nature Trail Mix

Store in airtight container at room temperature or in refrigerator. Enjoy and share!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never heard of putting cumin on nuts. I am gonna have to try it.