Friday, May 6, 2011

Prairie Queen Quilt

This is a quilt I made years ago (unsure as I failed to put a label on this one) using challenge fabric for a contest (didn’t finish in time).  I thought I recalled it being for a Hoffman challenge, but apparently not as the fabric doesn’t match any of the  fabric of past challenges.  So if anyone recognizes the fabric ….
I believe it was early 1990’s, around 1993.  I combined three blocks:  prairie queen, shoe fly, and flying geese.
The quilt is machine pieced and quilted.  It is 34 in square.  Here is a close up of the fabrics.
Here is the back which is made of the remaining gold fabrics.  Even though there is a sleeve on this for hanging, I use it to cover an old desk in my bedroom.

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

Very pretty! I like the colors together and of course the aqua is my favorite ...really like that with the gold. Also the paprika ..all of it.

I have a sunny yellow kitchen and at the top of the kitchen hutch, I have a lot of turquoise, teal and aqua glass items and love the contrast against the yellow. :)

I don't know anything about fabric, but I do love what I see in your quilts. They will be family heirlooms passed down.

My m-i-l has gone out to the Amish country in PA and bought beautiful quilts from them. I know you are passionate about making them and enjoy giving them to people. You are so sweet to do that.

I remain in awe of all that you do and yet continually make all these wonderful quilts.