Friday, May 13, 2011

AAQI Donation Quilt -- Let's Go

 Updated 3/2017--  all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active.

Two years ago I made a quilt for the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI).  This is my second quilt for them.
It is machine appliqued and quilted.  The center “heart” fabric is from a silk tie who’s theme was in the guise of “Where’s Waldo?” but involved Santa.  The confusion and fun inspired me to make this small quilt I call “Let’s Go.”  Let’s go on a trip and make some memories. 
I cut out the road signs and the red car from some Route 66 fabric had I used for a previous quilt.

Here is Santa in the middle of the zoo.
The quilt is 9 in X 11.5 in.  I used the fast triangles method for hanging.


I have registered and mailed the quilt.  It is not up for sale or auction on the site yet, but will be in the future as quilt #7034.  

2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a darling quilt...I love it! As an AAQI volunteer and quilt donator, I'm thrilled we have you back with such a great quilt!

Suboxone said...

These are very nice quilts that are made