Friday, May 27, 2011

Dallas' Patriotic Quilt

I made this quilt for my nephew when his mother mentioned the one I had made for him previously was getting quite worn.  This time I chose to make him a patriotic quilt.  I began with the 8-pointed star which was left over from some long forgotten project and used it as the center of the medallion.

The quilt was sort of a personal “round-robin” as I added sections.  The quilt is machine pieced and quilted.  I finished it in October 2003.  It is 77 in X 79 in. 

I want to thank Amy, his mom and my sister-in-law, for taking the photos for me.  Sorry they don’t show the entire quilt.

This shows the center a little better.

As we begin Memorial Day weekend, I want to thank all active and retired military, as well as their families, for the service and sacrifices they have made and make for us all.

2 comments:

Maryjonono said...

Love the patriotic quilt and patriotic message!

priscilla said...

Fabulous !!