Friday, March 11, 2011

Redwork Quilt

I made this quilt for the Alliance for American Quilts 2011 contest.  I just made the deadline which was March 7, 2011.  I almost didn’t make one this year as I was busy with the commissioned 1790 eagle quilt and then a few baby quilts.
The theme this year is:  “Alliances: People, Patterns, Passion,” a broad theme that celebrates cooperative relationships that work towards a common goal.
I knew I didn’t have time to piece and then quilt one.  I remembered this fabric with the scene involving people working together so I decided to do a “whole cloth” quilt and machine quilt it.
The quilt is 16 inches square.
These next few photos are to try to show some of the quilting detail.
I love these pigs.  Not sure why one is wearing what looks like a yoke.
I carefully worked around the fence slats and the window detail.
Here is the back after I added the 4 inch sleeve and before adding the label.

The first year I made a  crazy quilt and last year one I called “Label Me.”

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

This is just beautiful! I love Americana and especially winter scenes.