Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Socks

Dr. Cris tells me I am no longer a novice at knitting socks.  I still feel like a newbie though I am finding them easier and therefore more fun.  I am surprised to find I have finished 7 pairs of socks.  Here are three of those done since Christmas.
This first pair I gave to my sister Jeanne.  They were done using Sunrise Chevron Socks pattern by Carol J. Sulcoski .  I really like that pattern and will use it again.  The yarn is Patons Kroy Socks FX.
This pair I gave to my mother-in-law.  They were done using the Circle Socks pattern by Anne Campbell.   They turned out pretty well. The yarn is Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight.
This third pair uses the same yarn as the first pair.  The pattern is Waterloose Socks by Randi Knudsen.  This pair was given to purplesque who found them “mesmerizing.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they fit perfectly!

I've been wearing them pretty much nonstop since the day they showed up in the mail- except for the one time I washed them. Thank you, my dear Ramona.

rlbates said...

You are most welcome. :)

Jon Mikel said...

Ramona,

I was browsing for other reasons and found this contest.
I think it could be of yor interest:

http://www.instructables.com/contest/quilting/

Jeralee said...

Very nice Ramona! Three pairs since Christmas. That's knocking them out quickly. Did you knit them on circulars or double pointed needles?

If I work pretty dilligently, I can whip out a pair in 3 weeks, but it's usually more like 4 weeks. Tiny needles, fine yarn. But it's fun.
I love to knit! do you have a profile on Ravelry?

rlbates said...

J, I use double pointed needles. I haven't been brave enough to try circular needles for socks, nor to knit both at one time.

Jeralee said...

I'm the same way. I prefer using DPNS and haven't done socks on circs. or two at a time yet. There is just something very therapeutic about knitting.

If you ever go one Ravelry.com, my username is harpfingers. I have all of my projects posted on there.