In lieu of payment, patients at the Bono Barter Clinic can exchange a variety of things such as produce or labor for medical services on Thursdays. House devotes the other four days of the workweek to his regular family practice - the House Medical Clinic - both practices in a former church along U.S. 63 between Bono and Jonesboro.
- Have a willing business partner.
- Find the right trade partner.
- Keep your percentage of barter patients low.
- Have an agreement in writing.
- Make sure values are equal on both sides of the trade.
- Follow Medicare rules.
- Follow IRS rules.
- Keep good records.