Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter

Updated 3/2017-- photo and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

This small art quilt was inspired by Movin Meat’s post:  Fearful Symmetry.  I took the EKG (photo credit), printed it out, enlarged a small segment and used it for the quilt. 
The quilt was made as part of the ALQS5.  It is meant to be an art quilt.  The spikes of the EKG made me think of stalactites and stalagmites, of winter and cold.  I had a fat quarter of a gray blue fabric with trees which I used for the background.  I used a blue batik for the foreground. 
It is machine appliqued and quilted using a multicolor metallic thread.  It is 8.5 in X 10.5 in.
Here is a view of the back before I sewed on the label and sleeve.

9 comments:

Marcy said...

I absolutely adore it! Please let me know if you plan to sell these medical quilts on etsy or the like. marcy@zeel.com

rlbates said...

Marcy, the one I'll be showing next Friday is for sale on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/65032795/you-melt-my-cold-heart

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I can finally comment! Fabulous quilt.

rlbates said...

Thank you, Elizabeth!

Dr. Smak said...

How very cool.

Jabulani said...

What a splendid quilt. So unusual.

rlbates said...

Thanks Dr. Smak and Jabulani!

Anne said...

I love your quilt. I've also been planning to make my own but I still have to look for quilt inspiration.

women medical symptoms

Chrysalis said...

What a creative idea! I love how you came up with that, Ramona. Very cool.