Friday, January 28, 2011

Kris’ Blue Quilt

I made this quilt for my nephew.  The center fabric was so lovely I didn’t want to cut it up so deliberately used it whole.  I wanted it to look like a pool of water.

I machine pieced the quilt, but had my friend Scottie Brooks hand quilt it.  It was finished July 10, 2004.  It measures 82.25 in square.

I used small squares to try to make it look like tiles around a pool.  The outer strip of blue/green is a lovely batik fabric.

My nephew took these photos for me.

3 comments:

Maryjonono said...

It looks like a lovely hotel swimming pool with tile edges! So inviting!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love that center fabric and totally understand why you wanted to leave it whole. The border batik is lovely, too.

I have to pass on a big thank you to you for motivating me to get back into quilting. I got away from it for a few years when I lived in an apartment and did not have room. Now, i have a house and am enjoying getting back into what is a great way of destressing for me.

SeaSpray said...

I LOVE it!

Neat concept about looking like a pool. Such pretty colors.

Definitely evokes happy thoughts. :)