Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black Linen Voyager Bag

Last fall I bought a new bag pattern from Ghee’s, the Voyager Bag (#761).  I made the medium using some black linen in my stash.  As it was a light-weight linen, I underlined it to make it more durable.  I, also, fully lined the bag sections so there are no raw seams anywhere.
The finished bag, folded over, measures 8 in X 9 in.  There are a total of 8 compartments/pockets.  I had a beautiful piece of 3 in wide trim that I wrapped around 1.5 in cotton strapping to make the bag’s strap. 

Here is the back.  Note the pocket which could hold tickets when traveling.

Here is the inside.

Here you can see the antique buttons I used for the closure.  I found these years ago at an estate sale.

4 comments:

Elaine Schattner said...

The bag looks lovely, Ramona. And functional. I find the long, cross-body straps good for balance and posture, because you can swing both arms evenly while walking.

Jabulani said...

Beautiful bag. I too prefer cross-body bags because I have both hands available. Also, they're less easy to steal off you ... but that's just the African in me talking!! :)

rlbates said...

Thanks Elaine and Jabulani. Actually wish the strap was about 3-4 in longer. I can wear it cross-body, but feels too short. I didn't have enough of the lovely trim to make it longer though.

Maryjonono said...

Beautiful and practical, that's the best combination!