Friday, May 8, 2009

Blooming Nine Patch Child’s Quilt

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many are no longer active and it's easier than checking each one.

I first saw this pattern over at  Swooze’s Quilts.  She calls it “blooming nine-patch.”   I love the way the colors blend and mingle together.  I plan on using this again (and again).  This one is 42 in X 42 in.  I used up fabric left over from making a dress (the yellow) for another little girl and a previous quilt.  This quilt is for the TJ’s daughter who is a fan of pink.

Here is a close photo of the center.  The quilt is machine pieced and quilted.

And another of the edges.  Here you can see the “hearts” used in quilting the solid blocks.




7 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute quilt....is the center pieced or fussy cut? blessings, marlene

rlbates said...

Thanks. The center is "fussy cut"

Jabulani said...

Another beautiful quilt Ramona! I love the way you've placed the fabrics.

rlbates said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

She can't go to sleep without her quilt. Thanks!

Alternative Cancer Treatment said...

Really very nice quilt. Thanks the center is fuss cut.

K. said...

Gosh, this is GORGEOUS! I am collecting my children's (cotton) clothing with cute prints to make them quilts someday...