Friday, December 12, 2008

Crazy Quilt in Diamonds

Here is the second quilt for Sterile Eye.  It goes to his youngest daughter.  It is crazy quilt pieces cut into diamonds and then sewn together with sashes and smaller diamonds.  It is machine pieced and quilted.  It is 38.5 in X 52 in.
Here are a couple of detail photos to show some of the fabric interest.  I hope the little girl will enjoy finding things in her quilt.  In this photo you can find a car, skiers, carolers, birds, and more.

In this one you can find a lion, butterfly, Tinker Bell, a tulip, and many different colors.


Her is a photo (which doesn’t do it justice) of the back which is a coral pink fabric.   I hope you can see some of the quilting detail.  Each large diamond was quilted in a cross-hatch manner that broke it (the diamond) into sixteen smaller diamonds.  The two border strips were quilted using a simple cable.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, you do some of the neatest things. I've never seen this combination. My mother will just love it, too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Ramona!

My daughter moves around a lot in her sleep, and tends to end up sleeping on top of her blanket.

The quilt is perfect to cover her with.

rlbates said...

Robin, I would love to see your mother's quilts.

Sterile Eye, I'm glad she (and you) like the quilt. :)