Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shout Outs

Mother Jones, Nurse Ratched’s Place, is this week's host of Grand Rounds.   The election edition! You can read it here (photo credit).

Welcome to Election Day at Grand Rounds. I want to thank Colin and Dr. Val for allowing me to serve as host. I needed the diversion. I don’t know about you, but I’m glad that this election season is coming to an end. Hopefully we will know who our next president is by the end of the night. Pray that no one finds any hanging chads!

Amanda, This Crazy Miracle Called *Life*, is the host of the current issue of Change of Shift (Vol 3, No 9).   You can find the schedule and the COS archives at Emergiblog.  Go check it out (photo credit)
We have some fabulous reads today... a few quite creepy to satisfy the occasion and others to make you smile and touch your heart.

Should you have blogging insurance?  Check out what Dr Wes has to say about it.  It is certainly something to think about.
I would encourage this given my experience, particularly if "whistle-blowing" or ranting occurs on your blog. Some offerings for bloggers insurance are mentioned here. I'm still shopping options and readers will likely see advertising creep in to my blog to offset expenses.
I'd also encourage all bloggers to understand the legal definitions of defamation, slander, and libel.

Correction!  Kat, the Llanview Lowdown, will be the guest on the Dr Anonymous' Blog Talk Radio show this week but on Wednesday, Nov 5thOn Thursday, Nov 6th, his guest will be Mimi Lenox who is founder of the BlogBlast for Peace movement.  Then in a special Friday night show, on November 7th he will welcome Kim from the blog called As The Pump Turns. All shows will start at 8 pm CST or 9 pm EST.  And check out the article in ACP Internist that features Dr A!
Welcome to the Llanview Lowdown radio show! Your source for everything and anything related to the ABC soap opera, One Life to Live. I am your host, Kat, and I will be chatting with my 2 co-hosts - Sharon, and my webmaster, Mel, every week.
I hope you will join us this Thursday night at 8 pm CST (or 1 am GMT) both to listen to the show and to participate in the chat room. That's where all the fun is.
Tips for first time Blog Talk Radio listeners (from Dr A):
For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.
*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Then, of course, press the "Click to Listen" button.
*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.
*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. I'll be taking calls beginning at around the bottom of the hour. There is also a "Click To Talk" feature where you do not need a phone to call into the show - only a microphone headset. Hope these tips are helpful!

No comments: