Friday, September 5, 2008

Works in Progress

I am participating in Another Little Quilt Swap again. I have the little quilt I am making pieced. Here is a picture of it, as I get ready to baste it and then hand quilt it. The pattern is a flower basket that I found on Jinny Beyer's website. I have always been a fan of her work.
Here is a knitted shawl that I have been working on for several months now. It gets put aside whenever there is a quilt to work on, but I am slowly getting it finished. I am a self-taught knitter. I have only done a couple of simple sweaters (intimidated by the necks and sleeves) and was not really happy with how they turned out. I usually stick to hats and scarves. A love of lace work has drawn me into knitting shawls. The pattern is from All Tangled Up and is called Kiri Shawl (pdf of pattern). I am using Kid Merino yarn (color 4677).  I'll finish it eventually and will show you the finished shawl then.

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Jinny Beyer does the most incredible work - her sense of color amazes me. You have chosen fabrics that remind me of the ones she chooses - they are truly wonderful. I'm a self-taught knitter, too, but not a good one. I've only done one shawl and a few dish rags. I'm not sure that qualifies me to be called knitter! blessings, marlene

Dr. Smak said...

The shawl looks lovely. I haven't tackled any lacework yet - can't wait to see it completed!

Cathy said...

The design on that quilt is beautiful and I love your shawl. I am not good at knitting, but I can crochet up a storm.