Friday, September 5, 2008

Stand Up to Cancer


 Updated 3/2017--photos and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

Today is Stand Up to Cancer Day. I would like to highlight Zippy the Lobster who is making the rounds of Dr Rob's blog friends. His mission is
My first mission is to see the world and experience all that a lobster can. I want to live life to the fullest and grab life with both claws. I just hope I don’t hurt life when I do that.
My second mission is to help people. I am presently trying to raise money for brain cancer research. There are a lot of nice people getting sick and dying from this bad disease. I want to do what I can. I hope to have things you can buy with me on them (think of the fashion statement), ways to donate, and maybe even advertisers (probably not Red Lobster, though). Stay tuned for that one.
You can follow his travel's through his blog, Fun with Zippy. The money raised by Zippy goes to Childhood Brain Tumor Foundation - MD. You can donate money or buy merchandise with his logo on it here at MedTees (via Dr Wes's help).

1 comment:

Anne said...

Great post about Stand Up to Cancer! I have already launched stars in memory of my mom and dad, who both succumbed to colon cancer.