Sunday, March 2, 2008

Little Rock Marathon

I volunteered as part of the medical staff at the Little Rock Marathon today. I worked the 1st relay stop and later the 3rd relay stop. We only had mostly minor stuff -- some blisters, some muscle cramps, some mild heat/dehydration issues. At the 3rd relay stop, we did have some more major muscle cramps and dehydration issues. There was a death today. Adam Nichols, 27 yo, from Wisconsin collapsed at the finish line around 11 am. It was his 6th marathon. I would like to give my condolences to his family and friends.
Above picture taken at the 1st relay station.
Below, a T-shirt that caught my eye.
Another T-shirt that caught my eye.
Both made me smile.
The rest of these were taken at the 3rd relay station.




4 comments:

Midwife with a Knife said...

That's very sad about the guy who died.

Other than that, it sounds like a great way to serve your community!

Dr. Val said...

So sad about the young man who died! We're hearing so much about these sudden deaths during marathons... makes me feel justified in keeping my plodding to 4 miles and under. :(

rlbates said...

Midwife, it was a good day other than that. Thanks.

Val, you and I will just keep on plodding. :)

make mine trauma said...

Condolences to the family.