Friday, March 21, 2008

Navaho Blues Quilt Top

I recently finished piecing this quilt top. The pattern is called Navaho Blues. I found it in "The New Quilting and Patchwork Dictionary" by Rhoda Goldberg. I really like that book and have spent many hours looking through it and using it for quilt inspiration.

The blocks are 2 in X 4 in. The size of the quilt can be varied easily by using that 1-to-2 ratio of the basic block size. My quilt top measures 54 in by 76 in. It calls for six different blue colors ranging from light to dark. I think it would work up well in any color scheme and may try a red or green in the future. I plan to machine quilt it over the next several weeks. When I am done with it, I will be giving it to a friend.


A close up view so the fabrics can be seen.

4 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I love this quilt--it almost has a Bargello look about it.

rlbates said...

Thank you. I agree with the Bargello-look.

Midwife with a Knife said...

That is really a beautiful quilt.

rlbates said...

Thanks.