Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dr Anonymous Show on Talkshoe

 Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many no longer active.

I have enjoyed several of the Dr Anonymous BlogTalkRadio Shows.  Tonight his guest is  Bertalan Mesko from the blog called Science Roll.  The show is live, 9 pm EST, and this guest lives on a different continent from Dr A, so he will be broadcasting live on Talkshoe.
He gives detailed instructions here for using Talkshoe. 
For first time Talkshoe listeners:
  • Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the Talkshoe site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier. To get to my show site, click here.
  • Talkshoe has software called "ShoePhone" in which just by plugging in a headset, you can talk on the show without dialing a phone number. After registering your ID, I encourage you to click here and download and install the shoephone software.
  • When the show goes live, make sure your headset is already connected and then log into the site. Then, click on the button below to activate the shoephone software.
  • This will open a window called "Talkshoe Pro." Look for the shoephone button below and click on it.
  • You will then see the Talkshoe interactive software window as below. There is a chat room in there. And, you will be able to see who else has a microphone. Who knows, I may unmute you to say hello!
  • Now, of course, you don't have to download the software to listen to the show live or listen to the show later. And, if you want to dial in with your cell phone to talk on the show, you can do that as well. Click on my link above to get the phone number and ID number of the show. But, why would you want to do that when there is a free option? See you for the show!
I guess the answer to that question, for me anyway, is that some of us don't own headsets with microphones.  I would still need to call in, but that's okay. 

2 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Read through your blog...very interesting.Loved the quilt block at top.

rlbates said...

Thank you. I love your "Under the Sea" quilt!