Saturday, October 20, 2007

More Quilts--QOV and Baby

This past week I mailed off two more QOV quilt tops to someone who will do the actual quilting. The first one pictured is a square-in-a-square pattern. The quilt top size is 50" X 70".

A close up of some of the squares showing the fish.
This next QOV quilt top is a churn dash or shoo fly pattern.
It is also 50" X 70".
A close up of some of the blocks.

This next quilt top is what I worked on today. I had a left over "shoo fly" block, so I used it in a medallion type setting. To me it almost has an Amish feel. This top is 38" X 38" and will be quilted by me and given to someone for a baby (or grandbaby).

4 comments:

make mine trauma said...

I love the colors in the last quilt top.

Silverthimble said...

I love the addition of the pink and purple in the last quilt for a baby or grandbaby. Those colours really make the top sparkle!

jmb said...

The first one is stunning R, and the baby quilt is quite Amish looking. Some very lucky people will be receiving these three quilts.
I wish I had someone to quilt mine, they sit for ages because I am scared I'm going to wreck all the wonderful piecing.

Chrysalis said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the pink and purple too. Wow, I've been missing some posts here. I will have to do better. I don't know how you find the time Ramona.