Saturday, October 6, 2007

Flying Geese Variation

 Updated 3/2017-- photos (except my own) and all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active.

I found this Flying Geese Variation (FGV) use the blocks I received from Kate. Kate has a weekly give-a-way, and makes lovely quilts. The link for this FGV pattern can be found here (photo credit).
She sent me twenty sets of three identical blocks. So it worked very nicely with this variation of the Flying Geese pattern. My quilt is 43" X 52", a nice size for a baby or toddler. Here are a couple of pictures of the pieced top. It still needs to be quilted.
Rusty thought he needed to be in the picture.







7 comments:

Hedgehog said...

What a great way to use these geese!!

Dr. Smak said...

How nice that turned out...

jmb said...

It looks great! How lucky you were to win the completed blocks.

Kate North said...

Looks great - I'm so pleased they were put to good use!

black bear cabin said...

looks like they found a nice home, and they look beautiful! great job!
lisajo

rlbates said...

Thank you all. A scrub tech I work with has already claimed it as a "grandbaby" quilt.

Helen in the UK said...

Great use of the blocks - and super quick too! Glad to see Rusty the quilt inspector takes his role seriously :)