Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Great Arkansas Quilt Show II

Last night was the awards presentation for the Great Arkansas Quilt Show II hosted by the Historic Arkansas Museum. I had entered two quilts, Flowers in a Vase (seen in the upper left corner of the blog page) and Will the Circle Be Unbroken (below, center quilt of the first photo). I did not expect to win any awards, but did. Will the Circle won "Best Hand Quilting".

Will the Circle Be Unbroken (center)
center of Flowers for Mattie by Irma Gail Hatcher

Peach Sherbert, an absolutely beautiful quilt

I need to get better at taking notes for my pictures.
This one has 50 different blocks, all in red and white. Very lovely.

A lovely quilt using the lone star pattern.

An applique of nursey rhymes

Flowers and Cats

I really like this one. It feels like Christmas.

A stunning appliqued quilt!

Another pretty red and green pieced quilt.

I wish you could see this in person. My photo does not do it justice!

Another lovely applique of flowers much prettier than my photo shows.

Beautiful blue and white pieced quilt!

Flying Birds

1 comment:

jmb said...

Congratulations on this win. Hand quilting is such a difficult thing to do well.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful quilts in this show with us.