Monday, September 24, 2007

Tagged


Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

 I've been tagged by IntraopOrate, "seems like such a gentle soul." Wow! Let me just say that I really like reading these when other folks get tagged, but was not looking forward to being tagged (and would like to not get tagged again for say six months to a year). I, like IntraopOrate, am not sure I can find 8 folks who haven't been tagged, so I apologize in advance but hope you will humor me!
The rules:
1. Post these rules before you give your facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
4. Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged.

1. I was born in Missouri. My mother says that's why I'm so stubborn. Missouri used to be known as the "Show Me" state. That's me--show me "how" or show me as in "prove it".
2. I played basketball in high school. This was back when girls played half-court, not full-court basketball. I think they changed to full court the year after I graduated. Mostly I sat on the bench, but I loved being on the team.
3. I grew up in a farming community and have picked cotton and hauled hay for extra money.
4. I have completed 3 Marathons. When Little Rock began their Marathon, I felt like I had to do at least the first one. Notice I said completed--I am not fast. The first one I ran/walked. The next two I walked. Finished all in less than 6 hours (not fast). Now I volunteer in the Medical Tent.
5. IntraopOrate will like this one. I once got to assist Dr. Tom Starzl in an organ harvest. I was a first year general surgery resident at OVMC. Dr. Starzl was very nice. I still remember that patient, mostly though because he was my youngest brother's age at the time.
6. I come from a very large family. My mother had eight children--4 boys and 4 girls (I'm the third), seven with my father and one with my step-father. My father had two children with a previous marriage. My step-father had five children when my mother married him. Only my mother's children lived in our house.
7. My father died in a car accident when I was eight.
8. I have never had any plastic surgery other than this described by Dr. Smak.

Now, the tough part--to tag eight people.
1. Let's start with Dr. Smak, a female family practice doctor
2. Then maybe another female doc--Denver Doc.
3. Then Vanessa over at Street Anatomy. Check out the x-rays of models in blue jeans.
4. Then T at Notes of an Anesthesioboist, a female anesthesiologist.
5. Now for the guys, Chris in Iraq (I Made a Difference).
6. Dr. Wes-- I enjoy his views.
7. Dr. Paul Auerbach over at Medicine for the Outdoors. The adventures he and his friends have.
8. Mitch Keamy over at The Ether Way.
So there you have it. Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Dr. Smak said...

Wow - three Marathons and Dr. Starzl. Got me beat! I've just got my super-opposable thumbs...

Thanks for the tag.

jmb said...

I love reading this particular meme too. I've even done it twice and it is difficult.
Christmas in your family must be hectic!
Well done for walking your marathons. That shows true determination.
regards
jmb

T. said...

Still working on my tag post - it's hard! 8 facts & 8 people! Thanks for thinking of me.