Thursday, September 27, 2007

(Grand)baby Quilt

A nurse I work with has been admiring the quilts I have given several new mothers for their babies. As I didn't know her when she was having babies, she never received one. Well a couple of months ago, she commented that she needed one for her grandbabies. Sucker that I am, I made her one. This one has an "orphan" album block for the center then is surrounded with blocks in a "sunshine and shadow" pattern. When I gave it to her, I told her she had to keep it at her house for the grandbabies to use there. It is 38" X 44" in size.

2 comments:

T. said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE quilts and daydream about quilting like a pro...but alas, sewing is a bit of a nemesis for me...!

Dr. Smak said...

My mother has made it a practice to give all of her newly grandchilded friends a grandma quilt to keep at their house as well. It's a nice way to show appreciation for the significance of the event for the grandparents.

Cute quilt!