Friday, April 22, 2011

Fracture II or Roses

A couple of years ago I made my first quilt using this technique called fracturing.  This time I started with four of these pieces of fabric I then cut into the pieces as described (see this post).

I mis-cut one of the four so ended up with a gap in the layout.
To correct this (as I didn’t have a fifth piece so I could just re-cut it), I inserted red squares so it would look like a ribbon woven in.
Here is the finished quilt.  It is machine pieced and quilted.  It measures approximately 29 in square.
I quilted it with gold metallic thread on the front using beige cotton thread in the bobbin.
Here is the back before I sewed on the sleeve and label.

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

Absolutely beautiful!