Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Knitting for Noggins

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

This will be the second year that our local children's hospital will participate in the Knitting for Noggins campaign. During the winter, the hospital gives a hat to each patient leaving the hospital. [Trying to think of cooler times as the temp is expected to hit 105F today] Even though they will be holding a knit-a-thon on Oct 14 at the hospital, they are encouraging folks to begin holding their own with friends so there will be lots of hats. Last year they had more than 27,000! Here are two that I have done. I plan on doing a few more while traveling to Nashville (the AQS Expo). My quilt (Flowers in a Vase) will be in the quilt show. I will knit while my husband drives.

No comments: