Friday, October 7, 2011

"Save All" Signature Quilt

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. 

Clearing out my office I found photos (not great ones) of this quilt I made in 1995 to help raise money for breast cancer research.  The quilt used fabric (between the dark green strips) which say “yes, mam” as in “say yes to a mammogram”.  The main body of the quilt uses a pattern called “save all” and the pillow area has the pink ribbons associated with breast cancer.
I solicited signatures from past presidents of the ASPRS and PSEF and members on the boards/committees.  I received 31 signatures.  I photocopied each signature onto fabric using freezer paper backed fabric which I ran through a laser printer.
The quilt is machine pieced by me, but I recall having it hand quilted by Scottie Brooks.  I’m not sure of it’s size (that’s a full size bed in the photo) so my guess would be 90+ in X 110+ in.
The quilt was donated to ASPRS’s Executive Office museum.  The signatures are from Frederick J. McCoy, MD, Peter Randall, MD, H. William Porterfield, MD, Mark Gorney, MD, George Reading, MD, James G. Hoehn, MD, Elvin G. Zook, MD, William Riley, MD, H. Bruce Williams, MD, Simon Fredricks, MD, Hale Tolleth, MD, Ronal B. Berggren, MD, Stephen H. Miller, MD, R. Barrett Noone, MD, William D. Morain, MD, Malcolm A. Lesavoy, MD, Bruce Achauer, MD, Gregory Borah, MD, B. R. Burkhardt, MD, David T. W. Chiu, MD, Loren Eskenazi, MD, Robert Goldwyn, MD, Frederick Heckler, MD, Ronald E. Iverson, MD, J. Michael Kelly, MD, Susan MacKinnon, MD, Paul Manson, MD, Karen Montero, MD, Rod Rohrich, MD, S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, and Brooke Seckel, MD.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt.

Congratulations you won the book giveawy on my blog. Please get in touch with your mailing address.

Carol

Chrysalis said...

You have made so many beautiful quilts. Lovely picture of this one.

I hope you are enjoying your new job. Change is difficult, but it can be a terrific new chapter.