Sunday, February 20, 2011

Heart in Hand Quilt

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

I really like how this quilt turned out.  For now it is hanging in my office.  I have decided to use it to help Movin Meat raise money for The St Baldrick's Foundation.  It is listed on Etsy if anyone is interested in buying it.
The quilt was inspired by this scarf featured on Street Anatomy. I cropped a screen shot, brushed in the heart (suggested by the arterial formation), and then printed it out on a sheet of Colorfast fabric.  The border fabric is from an old flour sack.
It is machine pieced and quilted.  The small wall hanging measures 18.5 in X 23.75 in.
I embellished the heart in the hand using yarns and thread.
The back is a simple gray print cotton calico.

1 comment:

BrainDame said...

This is fabulous quilt! Nice work