Monday, August 2, 2010

Something Blue, Something New…


It’s two in the morning,  the end of summer.
I greet you now, “How can I make you better?”
Your hand is cold, your face stained with tears,
Your voice trembles, you express your fears.

You tell me about Gina, Cathy, Brenda Lee
There were fifteen of you dressed splendidly.
Mimosas, margaritas; much more than a thimble
Partaken as you danced to the music, so nimble.

You tell me of the gold strap, bejeweled
Holding your shoe to your foot so tanned
As you stepped from the sidewalk.
Now you sob, unable to talk.

I clean blood, a dark red path away.
A sterile blue paper drape, I lay
Across your upper face
Tiny stitches pull your skin into place.

You tell me of your wedding dress
As your future husband caresses
Your hand, “It’s all right
Our future is bright.”



****My attempt at poetry as per Dr. Charles request.

2 comments:

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I love this - it's wonderful. When I first started reading I was wondering if you posted someone else's work because you have never done anything like this before. Keep it up! I hope to hear more about this when we get together soon.

SeaSpray said...

Wow ..I didn't expect it either. I thought she might have died and it was a warning not to drink poem.

Good one Ramona.

I saw the contest and I'm blank... no ideas.

Great idea though.