Sunday, August 30, 2009

SurgeXperiences 305 – Call for Submissions

 Updated 3/2017-- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

SurgeXperiences 304 (August 23rd)  will be hosted by Amanzimtoti.   The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday, September 6th.  Be sure to submit your post via this form. 
Amanzimtoti blogs out of Mpumalanga, South Africa.  She has this to say about herself:
I'm a doctor and a mother. When I'm not practicing medicine, I'm taking care of the kids: a little boy, a little girl and their slightly less mature father.
Check out her recent post, Don't judge a book by its cover.
………….I saw this patient a while back. He didn't speak English to me so I used an interpreter to take his history. He had a miriad of complaints, none of which I can remember now because none of them were very serious. When I examined him, I noticed he had a rash which looked suspiciously like a drug induced rash. I asked the interpreter to ask how long he'd had it and whether he'd been taking any medication before it started. He answered her in Swazi. I said out loud "This looks like a drug rash". He looked at me and said "It was a Stevens-Johnson syndrome that was caused by TB treatment. I was in hospital for about a week and then it got better."
SurgeXperiences is a blog carnival about surgical blogs. It is open to all (surgeon, nurse, anesthesia, patient, etc) who have a surgical blog or article to submit.   If you would like to be the host  in the future, please contact Jeffrey who runs the show here.
Here is the catalog of past SurgeXperiences editions for your reading pleasure