I started this quilt more than 15 years ago. I used some cottons, linen, silk, and rayons. Many from dresses I had made. It was meant to be a wall hanging of the four seasons.
Here is the corresponding block from the front.
I wasn’t happy with how it was progressing and did not like the back. The project got put aside, waded up in a bag in the closet. Just before Christmas I pulled it out and took another look at it. I decided to just do what needed to be done. I began taking it apart, carefully, so that I wouldn’t ruin any of the individual blocks.
At this point all the quilt top has been separated from the batting and backing. The blocks have been separated from the sashing. The sashing and border strips were discarded. If you look closely in the upper photo, you can see were they are quite square and pull (or tether) inward. So now begins the reconstruction process.